Pages

Monday, February 7, 2011

I'm back on the wagon...

and back in the GYM!!

Wow. Someone let the holidays make some excuses for her. *hides face, very ashamed.
I let the “I’m so busy”, “The holidays are so crazy” and my favorite “I want to enjoy the holiday season”, get in the way of my goals.
I caved.
I got lazy.
I paid for it.
What did I learn during my “break”?
Allow me to share.

1.  Consistency is ALWAYS the best policy. If you want to be healthy you have to consistently do 2 things: eat right daily and exercise often.  Skipping out on one or both can cause weight gain and you lose that “I just conquered the world feeling that is now replaced with the “may I pretty please with a cherry on top take a nap” feeling.

2.  One good decision will lead to another. Yeah. That one is a 2-way street.  It all started with Thanksgiving.  I broke my work out routine and things went downhill from there.  Really. Make exceptions, give yourself rewards but plan ahead. Example: I like to work out at night so when there are events in the evening I plan ahead a get my workouts in the morning instead. Bend your routine but do your best to get the time in! Also, it’s ok to splurge but make it up in the gym!

3.  If you aren’t moving forward then you are sliding backwards.  There is no such thing as standing still.  The longer I went without working out the harder it was to start back.  It was hard to put in the time and it was actually difficult.  I had lost so much of the progress that I had made in addition to packing back on some pounds.  I have to admit that the 60 minutes on the elliptical was always challenging but it had gotten easier and tonight I nearly died.  No lie.

I am back in a routine and back to blogging.  I’m sad that I back paddled so much and sad that I neglected my blog. I am glad to back and I hope that we can help keep each other motivated.

How did you do during the holidays? Do you have any tips on being consistent even when things get busy?  Please do share!!

3 comments:

  1. No tips but I am glad you are back! I missed your blogs! 8^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Consistency is definitely key and something I need a lot of work on!

    You are amazing and a wonderful motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get it girl! I need to hop on this wagon with you!!

    ReplyDelete