Pages

Friday, August 2, 2013

Back at it!

*blowing the dust off* 
Hey there! So there were some bumps in the road (surgery and long hospital stay for the kiddo), then there was some fun (2 week lake vacation) but hopefully things have settled and I can start posting regularly again! During my time away I did learn a few things.

1. Running hurts. Like more than just being sore. I am not sure if it the extra weight that I am hauling around, am I wearing the wrong shoes or should I see a podiatrist? Well I am working trough this but for right now I am biking and that is AWESOME!

2. Biking is AWESOME! So someday I want to do a sprint tri so since running 3 to 4 times a week was killing my knees and feet I started biking (needed to start sometime anyway). I feel like I get a work out. I can get my heart rate up, I switch up the gears as it gets easier so my legs are always working hard and have tried out some areas with some elevation to keep it challenging! I feel soreness but not pain!

3. I need a schedule. I find myself at the end of the day trying to figure out when I am going to get my workout in! I think, "ok...lets go now", then I look at the clock it is the heat of the day. Then the next time I try it is time to get dinner ready or I was lazy earlier and didn't do anything so now I have lots to catch up on! Anyway...I need to dedicate a specific time for everything that needs to get done and STICK TO IT!

I just keep keeping on! Exercise is the only real way to be healthy and lose weight (there are things that assist in weight loss and health but nothing will really work with out a little sweat) and there are thousands of benefits. Sure for lots of us the motivation comes in spurts but it comes and that is the important part. Some of us love the gym and happily go there everyday with out fail! Just remember that anything is better than nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment