Pages

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

My new adventure.

Since I last blogged here I:

Lost weight
Lived a very active lifestyle
Moved from Massachusetts to Texas
Had a wonderful pregnancy {I lost about 20  more pounds}
Gave birth to a beautiful baby girl
Lost some more weight
Gained 30+ lbs in less than 6 months
Was diagnosed with diabetes

It is that last one that has prompted me to come back to this neglected blog. I am a diabetic. It is in my genes, grandparents on both sides. Diabetes claimed my paternal grandmother's life in her early 60s. My parents are in their early 60s. They are just now getting to experience the the joys of grandchildren. They have so much life a head of them.

I know someday I will die. But it will not be because I didn't take cake of myself. I am making a change. My doctor believes that with a healthy diet and lots of exercise that I can lose a significant amount of weight and lower my blood sugars to avoid any medical intervention in managing my diabetes.

So here I am. Ready to start my new adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment